SEO refers to the continuous execution of providing content that is focused on the interests of search users, insight into search intent, and answers and solutions to searchers’ questions and problems. It sounds natural to have insight into the interests and search intentions of searchers, but in reality, I am wondering how to do it. Today, I will explain how to understand the interests of searchers and their search intentions.
Be aware of the context in which users visit your site
SEO is the process of increasing traffic from organic search through continuous execution by focusing on user interest, insight into search intent, and providing content that provides answers and solutions to searchers’ questions and problems. The important thing here is to pay attention to the context before the search user searches for something. In other words, this is something like:
- Predict the problems that searchers are likely to query.
- Pay attention to the circumstances behind the problem.
- Contents that answer questions are disclosed on the site according to the context from the background to the question.
No user visits your site for no reason. In order to get users to visit your site, you need to have something on your site that matches the reason the user is visiting. And, when a user visits the site through a search, the reason for the visit is to find an answer to the question posed in the search.
SEO is the act of providing the content that is the reason for the searcher to visit the site, precisely at the time they want it, by predicting the search user’s query and providing an answer prepared in advance. Doing this requires insight into the interests of your visitors to understand their search intent and context.
Searchers are not interested in one-sided bragging about your product
There are two things we need to keep in mind before thinking about the interest of our visitors. It can be said that it is a prerequisite for all marketing activities, not just SEO or online marketing.
- Consumers are not interested in your company, your products, or your services.
Moreover, they are not interested in your efforts or hardships, not even your profit or loss, or your competition.
- The only thing consumers care about is themselves (or their problems, needs, and wants).
Consumers are always interested in themselves, not in the products or services of any business. This premise should be the starting point of your marketing.
Let’s think a little more specifically about the SEO case. As a single search user, we make countless searches every day. However, most of those searches are not looking for vendors, products or services. Below we give an example of a search that we believe our readers are frequently conducting on this site.
- When you’re searching for title tags, it’s not just looking for a way to find a vendor or service to help you optimize your title tags.
- When you’re searching for content marketing, it’s about wanting to know about content marketing, not looking for an agency to sell your products to content marketing.
- When you are searching for recruitment through a website, it is what I want to do, not looking for an agency to do so.
As above, most searches are not looking for vendors or services. What you are looking for is a method or solution. You start looking for a vendor or product or service after you know that you are having trouble solving it yourself, or that you are better off relying on a product or service.
Interest that motivates the search for information
When a user independently and actively searches for information using a search engine, etc., there is always an interest in the user himself in the context behind it, and it is broadly as follows.
- Task: What must be done. I want to be like this, I want to be like this
- Problem: What is preventing you from overcoming the task. What you are struggling with, or a situation like that
- Question: What you should know, but don’t know yet. What to check what is right and what is wrong
- Worry: Something you are worried about because you cannot solve it or decide. Situations that are difficult to resolve
- Anxiety: Worrying about the future or feeling threatened. about risks that have not surfaced
- Desire: Desire to be in a state of ideal thinking. To pray earnestly to want to be like this
Users want and search for a solution or workaround to overcome or solve the situation, or to achieve something as above. To accommodate this, what site administrators need to do is to create content that provides a solution to the attention of the visitor.
Let the user’s attention by a subject
Content that is not of interest to users (for example, your company, product, or service) is content that is not of interest to users. No user is searching for information they are not interested in. If you want to attract people with SEO, you need to make the title what people are interested in and search for. It is necessary to stand on the side of the user and follow the interest of the user.
Based on the strict quality control environment of the highest level in the world, our products are made one by one by many professional engineers using the latest technology and facilities. Our company is providing these best products at an innovative (low) price through our own distribution system.
An article like the one above is a common misconception. The subject of this sentence is the company or its product, and the content is only self-congratulatory. There are no points that users can be interested in. If there’s one thing that’s being communicated, it’s a “company that pretends to be good-looking”. The subject of the content should be the user’s interest itself. The point is that you should start with “the problem you are having” rather than “your product.” That is, it does something according to the interest of the user.
No matter how arrogant self-praise is added to the site to give priority to the site operator’s circumstances and to deliver a self-centered message unilaterally, you must be aware that such a thing is not what users want. Marketing that users do not want is not suitable for the web. In the web, marketing that users want and marketing loved by users should be the goal. And, the beauty of the web is that it is possible.
Provide solutions with content
Searchers search for tasks, problems, questions, worries, anxiety, and aspirations in the background. And, what you want as a search result is their solution. Focusing on that is the foundation of SEO through content. Because what searchers are looking for is a solution, the content you post on your site should introduce and explain the solution. Making your solution your content enables you to:
- It can reach a target audience that cannot be reached through publicity.
- It can increase your exposure in search and social media and increase your brand awareness.
- You can create reasons for users to visit your site.
- It is possible to voluntarily visit the site at the user’s will without disturbing interest.
- It can appeal to you that you have the ability to understand the needs of your visitors.
- You can appeal that you have know-how or skills that lead to solutions.
- You can acquire an active audience who tries to solve problems on their own.
- You can be respected as an expert and build a relationship with your readers (audience).
- You can show that you can be helpful to real visitors.
- In return, you can receive shares or p-links on social media.
- You can earn trust and get good reviews.
- In case of emergency, it can be thought of as something you can rely on.
By identifying the problem and turning the solution into content based on the interest of the searcher, you can get everything your site needs other than short-term conversions. SEO isn’t great for gaining short-term conversions, but you can leave that part to keyword advertising and the like. Collecting traffic from organic searches, SEO is simple. Proposing a solution according to the interest of the searcher. This is only one. If you’re an expert at your job, you can get insight into the searcher’s problem or problem, and you have the ability to come up with a solution, then SEO is sure to be a success. Rather, to show that you are a capable professional, you should actively review your SEO.